This course provides an opportunity for students to ‘top-up’ existing nursing qualifications to a BSc (Hons) and enhances their academic and professional development, and employability. Students will have the opportunity to enhance their careers by exploring such concepts a leadership, organizational theory, public health, research and evidence-based practice. The qualification equips students with the necessary knowledge and skills to pursue a nursing career in the United Kingdom (UK) and is supported by the Faculty of Health and Life Sciences at Coventry University. Students will be introduced to the UK Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) standards and the NMC test processes.
1. To increase the extent to which professional nursing practice in Sri Lanka and global healthcare is research-based;
2. To provide continuing professional education in Sri Lanka for nurses, which complements and enhances the academic content of their initial training courses;
3. To critically and rigorously analyze the relevant literature, which underpins the knowledge base and practice of nursing;
4. To influence the strategic direction of patient care within a student’s own area of practice at the national and/or international level;
5. To facilitate continued professional development and the advancement of nursing practice;
6. To develop graduates who will emerge with the capacity to be leaders within their own profession and to shape and direct policies through strategic thinking in the future.
After completion of the Bachelor of Nursing, students can follow their Master, Doctor and PhD of Nursing or any healthcare related fields.
Research and Evidence-Based Practice;
Reviewing Research for Professional Practice;
The Scope of Public Health;
Health Assessment Skills;
Leadership and Change in Public Service Management;
Competence and Skills for General Nursing.
Online exams & Research-oriented;
Learner management system;
Skill laboratory and clinical practice.
Opportunities to engage in research with the opportunity to present & publish in local & international forums;
Clinical placements at JCI-accredited hospitals and internationally recognized healthcare institutions;
Ability to obtain a world-class qualification within a short time period. An Internationally recognised program;
Unbelievable cost saving;
Elite lecture panel including industry experts;
Award-winning Learner Management System.