Adult Nurses, care for adult patients who are suffering from a variety of health conditions, ranging from minor injuries and ailments, to acute and long-term illnesses and diseases. They support the recovery by using care plans, carrying out care procedures and assessments, and evaluating and focusing on the needs of the patient rather than the illness or condition. This program is especially designed for those who wish to pursue a career in Nursing. Those who enjoy working with people and care about promoting good health may be interested in pursuing a rewarding career. The rapidly changing demand for nurses creates a variety of job opportunities in various sectors of Nursing.
1. To meet currently accepted local and contemporary international standards recommended for a practicing nurse from professional bodies;
2. To access and evaluate current evidence and to base practices upon them;
3. To optimize the therapeutic outcome by advising the health care team on aspects concerning nursing;
4. To act as role models in both performance and for the future development of nursing and clinical services;
5. To develop the transferable skills for life-long learning and continuous professional development;
6. To explore and reflect upon their own clinical practice in view of continuous improvement.
7. To identify and respond to changes affecting the delivery of nursing care;
8. To develop knowledge and skills necessary to work in specialized settings or in specialized roles;
9. To provide quality nursing care in a range of healthcare settings and contexts.
Recognised by Private Health Services Regulatory Council (PHSRC), Sri Lanka
Registered in Tertiary and Vocational Education Commission (TVEC), Sri Lanka
After completion of the Bachelor of Nursing, students can follow their Master, Doctor and Ph.D. of Nursing or any healthcare-related fields.
Bachelor of Nursing Deakin University, Australia (3+1)
Bachelor of Nursing Metropolia University, Finland (3+1)
Bachelor of Nursing Open University, Malaysia (3+2)
Bachelor of Nursing Coventry University, UK (3+1)
Bachelor of Nursing Edith Cowan University, Australia (3+1).
After successfully completing the Bachelor of Nursing, you can begin to process through various different roles, including: senior staff nurse, junior sister, war sister, nurse practitioner or nurse consultant. The nurse can work in hospitals, schools, nursing homes, elderly care facilities, airlines, professional organizations, Non-Governmental Organizations, research organizations and many other healthcare facilities. Nurses can be involved in caring for the sick, rehabilitation, promoting health, preventing disease, teaching health classes, teach in a school of nursing and a host of other activities. Students can either pursue their career in the industry by working as an academic researcher.
Ordinary Level (Local or London)- 5 passes including English and Science, C pass is required for English Language or equivalent (ex: pre foundation- TVEC registered).
Advanced Level 3 passes or equivalent (ex: foundation- TVEC registered).
|ENGL 101||General English|
|BIOL 101||Medical Terminology|
|NURS 133||Legal and Ethical Environment in Healthcare|
|NURS 301||Infection Control Policies and Procedures in Healthcare|
|NURS 302||Work Health and Safety Processes in Healthcare|
|BIOL 201||Human Anatomy and Physiology I|
|NURS 101||Introduction to Health & Nursing|
|CHEM 103||Biochemistry and Metabolism|
|NURS 121||Nursing I – Nursing Process and Practice|
|NURS 201||Clinical Practicum I|
|NURS 304||Communication Skills in Nursing|
|BIOL 202||Human Anatomy and Physiology II|
|MICR 134||Introductory Microbiology|
|NURS 122||Nursing II – Basic Nursing Care|
|EVBN 101||Health Research Methodologies|
|NURS 202||Clinical Practicum II|
|NURS 303||Working with Culturally Diverse Clients and Co-Workers|
|ENGL 102||College English|
|NURS 123||Nursing III – Special Nursing Care Procedures and Venipuncture|
|EVBN 102||Critical Thinking and Reflective Practice in Nursing|
|SOCI 121||Introductory Sociology|
|PSYCH 234||Human Development|
|MEDI 201||General Medicine|
|NURS 124||Nursing IV-Medical and Surgical Nursing|
|NURS 125||Nursing V- Medical and Surgical Nursing|
|NURS 203||Clinical Practicum III|
|PSYCH 121||Psychology and Introduction to Psychiatry|
|CPTR 101||Hospital Information Systems|
|MEDI 202||General Surgery|
|NURS 126||Nursing VI- Oncology Nursing|
|NURS 127||Nursing VII- Palliative and Aged Care|
|EVBN 103||Research Project Work|
|ENGL 103||Professional English & Personality Development|
|NURS 128||Nursing VIII- Emergency and Disaster Management Nursing|
|NURS 204||Clinical Practicum IV|
|NURS 129||Nursing IX- Maternal & Newborn Nursing|
|NURS 205||Clinical Practicum V|
|NURS 305||Managing an Effective Work Environment|
|NURS 130||Nursing X – Paediatric Nursing|
|NURS 131||Nursing XI – Mental Health Nursing|
|NURS 206||Clinical Practicum VI|
|NURS 132||Nursing XII- Community Health Nursing|
|NURS 265||Health Promotion and Education in Nursing|
|EVBN 104||Primary Healthcare Project|
Online exams & Research-oriented, Learner management system, Mentoring on career progression, Well-equipped library, IT labs and Nursing Labs.
1. This pathway program provides a strong foundation for future studies in Australia or Europe.
2. Opportunities to engage in research with the opportunity to present & publish in local & international forums.
3. Clinical placements at JCI-accredited hospitals and internationally recognized healthcare institutions.
4. Ability to obtain a world-class qualification within a short time period. An Internationally recognised program.
5. Worldwide employability.
6. Unbelievable cost saving.
7. Elite lecture panel including industry experts
8. Award-winning Learner Management System